Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MmmBop


You, like my mom, may be wondering why this is the sight greeting you as you open the fridge. Really, is that Weight Watchers Key Lime pie I see? And what's that apple juice doing between prepared and unprepared salads? Also, is that a wild boar skull?

Yes.

I'd happened upon this boar skull, a souvenir from two years in the Patagonia, a gift from an amigo and a half, while sorting through my stuff. I felt it hadn't got enough attention, specifically from Mom. Where would she be sure to see it?

Malissa suggested "The fridge," and I cried in triumph, "YES!" as she, mortified a whit or two, audibly cringed and said, "Not really!" Oh yes really. Two seconds later she added, "You could put the milk out on the counter, so she'll open the fridge to put it back." I've got a twelve-year head start on her, and she's already outstripping my evil genius. That's okay--as long as evil wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment