Friday, March 12, 2010

So...

I got into grad school! My mom just forwarded me the acceptance letter from BYU's new MFA program! I'll probably end up getting to teach a freshman English class, besides studying exactly what I have realized I love most in school--personal essays (among other types of creative writing). I love the fact that I'm headed towards what I love; I guess it's cool to have found what I would want to do whether I got any credit for it or not, and then to have the chance to do it for credit and to progress towards a worthwhile job through which I could contribute something I believe is meaningful to the world.

Just wanted to letcha know :).

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    It was totally your references to Frogger in your essay that got you in. Never mind your supreme writing :)

    That is so great, I wish I was an English 101 student again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i were going to be around, i would definitely beg and plead with you to let me be your TA.

    way to chase it, bent. i'm really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bentley! That is so, so awesome! I didn't know you were an essayist. I'm trying out the genre myself in Pat Madden's class this semester. I'm having a love-hate relationship with it ha. Looking forward to when you're an acclaimed published author :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY BENTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations there, and it's good to hear from you. Maybe you'll encounter Andrew Merrill, since he's doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Bentley! That is awesome-good luck with all of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear bentley,
    i hate you.
    love,
    asenath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best. WRTG 150. Teacher. Ever.
    Erin :D

    ReplyDelete