Saturday, May 2, 2009

Arthur's Seat



Behold the glory of Arthur's Seat--an eminence not far from Edinburgh.Sometimes, professors are irreverent.
The hike was great--our first of many. I used my chacos for the first time: they had been recommended by many, but it was Greg Littlefield's voice which cemented my trust of their worth. I actually scrambled up the side of it barefoot for awhile, because I thought it was something William Wallace would do, and I bet it's where he did it.

The view from the top, looking down on Edinburgh. Great view of Edinburgh Castle.
I squinted for one last look at the front entrance.
Then harder to view into a little chapel from the 8th century or something which was around the sweeping, swirling stone road down from the keep, to review my favorite stained glass window I saw that day:
Our group bonded. Katie Pitts and I were both Chacos novitiates, so we frequently did "chaco checks," to see how we were holding up. Katy A also began being noted as awesome in Scotland as we hiked up, and she was witty.




No comments:

Post a Comment